Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Going Furthur at the Greek

When P-Love and I first started seeing each other, I saw that he was a fan of The Grateful Dead.  One day, he says to me, "Do you want to go to the symphony with me?" and that was where I was introduced to the magic that is the music of the Grateful Dead (Bob Weir was doing a project with the Marin Symphony Orchestra where they put together a symphonic arrangement of the GD's music). A month later, I saw a Furthur show, at Shoreline Ampitheater, and I was hooked for life. (Furthur is a band that Phil Lesh and Bob Weir put together to keep the GD's music going.)

Furthur has announced that in 2014 they are going on a hiatus - no more tours!  So, P-Love and I quickly grabbed up tickets for the fall tour shows that we could make it to.  This past weekend, Furthur played at the Berkeley Greek theater - P-Love and I went to all three shows (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).  On Saturday night, I managed to catch this awesome bit of magic on camera:




This is the kind of thing that happens all the time at their shows - little bits of magic, all around the place, that makes the whole experience so amazing.  I have met so many great people through the concerts that I have attended and I have had so many awesome, magical, funny, spiritual, and love-filled experiences at these shows.

I thank P-Love, all the time, for introducing this to me.  This is the best gift he could have ever given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment